In order to fulfill its Mission, the Foundation has established the following main objectives where projects are proposed:
Examples of Educational projects:
- Education: promote mandatory and vocational education, improve education facilities.
- Health: help to access medical care, prevention of diseases, improve health facilities.
- Poverty Alleviation: enhance local sustainable and suitable development and economic activities, increase basic infrastructures (bridges, ditches, etc.), encourage natural resources alternatives (solar power units, biogas units, etc.)
- Culture: encourage awareness of cultural identities.
Examples of Health projects:
- Construction and renovation of schools
- Scholarships (primary, middle, and high school as well as university)
- Vocational Education (basic computer courses, Tibetan, English and environmental courses)
Examples of Poverty Alleviation Projects:
- Construction of basic clinics and health facilities
- Promote traditional medicine (Chinese and Tibetan medicine)
- Support itinerant doctors and veterinarians
Examples of Cultural Projects:
- Road building to open up some communities.
- Install crossing cables and build suspended bridges.
- Build infrastructures for access to water and drainage (ditches, pipes)
- Promote natural resources alternatives (solar power, biogas units, etc.)
- Support local craftsmen (weaving, bronzes, sculptures, wood curving, etc.)
- Help local craftsmen to sell their products
See our page Our Projects for our current involvements.