Council of Advisors
The Council accepts Advisors, in various different related fields, to our various projects, scholars involved in academic or field activities, political or corporate.
They share our ideas, agree with our Mission and are willing to be involved and help to meet the objectives of the Foundation.
Please see below our current Advisors:
Professor Pierre Trolliet
Pierre Trolliet is a very famous and outgoing Professor, China lover and scholar.
He is graduated from the Chinese Studies department of INALCO (Paris) as well as Doctor in Geography from the University of Paris X – Nanterre.
From 1963-64, he is teaching Geography at the Faculté des Lettres de PnomPenh (Cambodia) where he created the Chair of Geography.
From 1966-76, he is Lecturer in Geography at the University of Paris X- Nanterre.
From 1976 – 96, he is Professeur des Universités at the Chinese Studies department of INALCO (Paris)
He has written many books about the human, economic and physical geography of China.
His most well known books are:
- China and its Economy (La Chine et son économie). Ed. Armand Collin. 1981.
- The Billion’s Empire (L’Empire du milliard). Ed. Armand Collin. 1986
- Geography of China (Géographie de la Chine), PUF. 1993. New edition in 2000.
- Chinese Diaspora (La diaspora chinoise). PUF, 1994, New edition in 2000.
- He has also written many articles for various reviews, such as Hérodote (Geopolitics), L’information géographique, L’espace géographique, Géopolitique, Tiers-Monde, etc.
- He is also the author of various geographic articles for the Encyclopedia Universalis and he has given many speeches and presented many seminars related to the geography of China.